HOLIDAY WHO-BILATION WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018 – Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2018
Deck out your tree, light the menorah, and get in the Holiday spirit during the Holiday Who-Bilation WonderWeek!
- Dec. 8: Grinchy-Whobilation: Come join The Grinch as he makes a special appearance and disrupts the holiday “Whobilation.” Plus, save $3 off admission when you wear an ugly sweater!
- Event time: All day
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Grinchmas Cards: Create a mosaic card with a heart three sizes too small in Alexander Art Academy.
- Match that Snowflake: Pair parts of snowflakes to their crystal structure in EcoStation.
- Create a Snowflake: Create your own fractalated snowflake in EcoStation.
- Mean One Mask: Show your mean streak when you make a Grinch-inspired mask in Junktion.
- Macaroni Menorah: Create your own Macaroni Menorah and "light" it in Junktion.
- Dragon Puppet: Celebrate Lunar New Year when you create a dragon puppet in Junktion.
- Icy Igloos: Use wooden blocks to create a sturdy igloo in Math Cart.
- Holiday Chromatograms: Explore liquid chromatography and create a string of colorful lights to redecorate Who-ville in Science Station.
- This Lab Rules: Think fast! Test your reaction time and learn the physiology behind how our body works in Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Use red cabbage juice and other food based products to test various pH levels in Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Learn about the structure of DNA and how to extract it from strawberries in Power Science Lab.
- Starch Testing: Discover the role starch plays in your diet and test for its presence in different household items at Power Science Lab.
- Christmas Ornaments: Laser cut your own Christmas ornament, then add some LED's or vinyl stickers to bring it to life in Chevron Maker Annex.
- DIY String Lights: Light up your Christmas decorations by making your own string lights in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Snow Globes: Make your own winter wonderland within a snow globe in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Programmable Tree Lights: Code a holiday light show and wrap it around your tree in Inventor's Workshop.
**Events and times are subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world