Hear the Art! A Preview Concert by Cantare Houston
Thursday, Jun. 21, 2018 – Thursday, Jun. 21, 2018
06:30 PM – 06:50 PM
When Cantare Houston was founded, some of the first programs were walking concerts in the MFAH galleries. These events featured music of the period or culture represented in the art, along with brief art-historical commentary to underscore the connections between the music and the works of art.
Experience the return of this popular event! Under the artistic direction of Amy Solberg, Cantare Houston singers present free, 20-minute performances on June 7 & 21 to preview the walking concerts on June 12 & 26.
- The June 7 previews offer excerpts from the June 12 walking concert that highlights the arts of Africa, the Americas, Asia, and the Islamic worlds. Meet in the Beck Building lobby.
- The June 21 previews offer excerpts from the June 26 walking concert that highlights Western art. Meet in the Beck Building lobby.
About Cantare Houston
Founded in 2003 by former artistic director Kevin Riehle, Cantare Houston seeks to create a community of people changed by the power of great choral music, and to enrich the cultural landscape of Houston with choral music from every era and a variety of cultures and countries.
Drop in! This concert is free. General admission is free on Thursdays, courtesy of Shell.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- General Admission: MFAH Members-FREE Adult-$15 ($14 Online); Senior (65+) $10 ($9 Online); Youth (13-18) $7.50 ($6.50 Online); Child (12 & younger) FREE; Military (ID Required) $10; Student (ID Required) $7.50 Ticketed exhibitions require an additional admission charge. Free Hours: FREE THURSDAY 10 am - 9 pm
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Enlarge the map to see main-campus parking options, or download the PDF.
Parking update: A new underground parking garage, located on Montrose Boulevard, is now open!
- The outdoor parking lot on Bissonnet, across from the Law Building, is closed permanently.
- Parking is available in two garages: an above-ground garage at 1144 Binz Street, and a new underground garage at 5101 Montrose Blvd.
- Guests with limited mobility: We recommend that you use the covered drop-off lane at the Main Street entrance to the Beck Building, or use wheelchair-accessible parking in the garage at 1144 Binz Street.
Parking Garage Locations
- 1144 Binz Street
- 5101 Montrose Boulevard
Parking Fees*Parking payments may be made only with a major credit card. Also accepted: MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
MFAH Members Visitors 0–30 minutes FREE FREE 31 minutes–4 hours $6 $10 4–12 hours $10 $18 12–24 hours $35 $35
HoursBoth parking garages are open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Nov. 18 – Jul. 29, 2018
Extravagant Objects: Jewelry and Objets d’Art from the Masterson Collection
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world