Hear the Art! A Preview Concert by Cantare Houston
Thursday, Jun. 21, 2018 – Thursday, Jun. 21, 2018
06:30 PM – 06:50 PM
When Cantare Houston was founded, some of the first programs were walking concerts in the MFAH galleries. These events featured music of the period or culture represented in the art, along with brief art-historical commentary to underscore the connections between the music and the works of art.
Experience the return of this popular event! Under the artistic direction of Amy Solberg, Cantare Houston singers present free, 20-minute performances on June 7 & 21 to preview the walking concerts on June 12 & 26.
- The June 7 previews offer excerpts from the June 12 walking concert that highlights the arts of Africa, the Americas, Asia, and the Islamic worlds. Meet in the Beck Building lobby.
- The June 21 previews offer excerpts from the June 26 walking concert that highlights Western art. Meet in the Beck Building lobby.
About Cantare Houston
Founded in 2003 by former artistic director Kevin Riehle, Cantare Houston seeks to create a community of people changed by the power of great choral music, and to enrich the cultural landscape of Houston with choral music from every era and a variety of cultures and countries.
Drop in! This concert is free. General admission is free on Thursdays, courtesy of Shell.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $15
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $10
- Military (with ID) $10
- College Students (19+ with ID) $7.50
- Youth (13–18) $7.50
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Two Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- The first 30 minutes are always free. On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Programs & Activities
Health & Wellness “Arts in Medicine,” Presented by MD Anderson Cancer Center
Jan. 30 – Dec. 29, 2019
Arts of Islamic Lands: Selections from The al-Sabah Collection, Kuwait
Feb. 12 – Aug. 4, 2019
Fear and Wonder: Sublime Landscapes on Paper—Selections from the Museum’s Collection
Mar. 16 – Sep. 8, 2019
Between Play and Grief: Selections from the Latino American Collection
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world