Health, Moon and Beyond: 50th Anniversary of the Moon Landing
Saturday, Jul. 20, 2019 – Saturday, Jul. 20, 2019
Come and celebrate the 50th anniversary of humanity's greatest achievement in exploration: the moon landing!
1969, orbiting Earth, three astronauts Michael Collins, Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin set out on a likely death mission that could only end in one of three ways: land, abort, or crash.
Join us Saturday, July 20th at 3:00 PM to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing with a screening of the Smithsonian Channel's The Day We Walked on the Moon and a concession stand with out of this world space-friendly snack options. Following the showing, there will be a panel discussion of space health topics from the moon landing to a journey to Mars featuring retired NASA astronauts and leaders in space health.
Guest panelists include:
• Dorit Donoviel, Ph.D.: Director of the Translational Research Institute for Space Health
• Jeffrey Sutton, Ph.D: Director of Baylor College of Medicine's Center for Space Medicine
• Dr. David Hilmers:Former NASA Astronaut, Physician, BCM Faculty
• Dr. Robert Satcher: Former NASA Astronaut and Orthopedic Oncologist at MD Anderson Cancer Center
The event is free with museum admission.
Children (3-12): $8.00
Seniors (65+): $8.00
Children 2 & Under: Free
Museum members are free!
If you plan to attend the screening, please RSVP here.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Monday - Saturday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Special exhibits may require an additional fee
- General Admission: $9 per adult; $7 per child (ages 3-12); $7 per senior (ages 65+); Free for members and children under 2 yrs. Free Hours: Free Thursdays 2 - 7 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking for Museum visitors is $5. Parking for non-Museum visitors is $8. Parking for Museum members is $3. Enter the parking lot from Hermann Dr. Metered street parking is available on streets surrounding the Museum.
Events at The Health Museum
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world