Guardians of the Galaxy
Saturday, May. 27, 2017 – Saturday, May. 27, 2017
Ready to meet your favorite troop of quirky misfits? Star-Lord, Gamora, and Yondu are coming to the Children’s Museum of Houston to kick-start the wonders of our Sci-Fi Summer! Join us for a meet-and-greet, Galaxy trivia, costume fashion show, and more.
Members are invited to enjoy an exclusive hour from 9 - 10 a.m.
Special Guardians of the Galaxy Activities:
- Guardians meet-and-greet: Star-Lord, Gamora, and Yondu appearance in Kids' Hall Alcove. Event time: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
One photo per family please, and remember to bring your camera! Guardians of the Galaxy characters need to recharge for 10 minutes at the end of each hour. They'll take a longer break from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- Galactic Costume Mash Up: Get inspired and create your own costume to show off during our Alien Mash Up costume show. Event time: 11:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m. at Brown Auditorium
- Alien Mash Up Costume Show: Wear your favorite Guardians of the Galaxy costume and strut it on stage. Event time: 1:30 -2 p.m. at Kids' Hall Alcove.
- Create a planet: Design your own planet and choose what star it will orbit and which side it will face at Art Academy.
- Pixelated Galaxy: Learn about pixels by creating your very own galaxy at Junktion.
- Baby Groot Mask: Let your creativity explode and design your own baby groot mask at Junktion.
- Yondu's Fin: Get into character and become Yondu for the day by rocking his fin at Junktion.
- 8 Bit Images: Construct your own 8 bit animated design and explore the concept of coding in generating video games at Science Station.
- Race to Space: Become the first person to race through space and reach 100 at ExxonMobile Math Cart.
- Music Box: Build a music box and connect it to microprocessor and learn how to program a device to play tunes at Maker Annex.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world