Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019 – Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019
Step over to the gross side of life as you explore all-things icky during the Grossology WonderWeek! Worms, germs, and roaches galore await in this week all about "The study of Gross"!
**Events and times are subject to change.
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Powdered Paint: Create chaos with powdered tempera paint that blends when you add water in Alexander Art Academy.
- Bookworm Bookmarks: Read all about worms, then design your own colorful bookmark in EcoStation.
- Digging for Worms: Learn about how different birds use their beaks to pick up worms in EcoStation.
- Germ Dolls: Concoct your own germ as you understand the importance of preventing germs from spreading in Junktion.
- Cockroach Hand Puppet: Put on a creepy crawly show as you make your own paper cockroach puppet in Junktion.
- Toilet Paper Tube Monsters: Patch together your very own monster using a toilet paper tube as you learn about the importance of washing your hands in Junktion.
- 12x12: Find as many combinations of 12 as possible in Math Cart.
- Thermoplastics: Explore the unique properties of thermoplastics as you melt tiny polymer pellets and sculpt them into mini-statues in Science Station.
- The Olfactory Knows: Play a matching game with your nose and learn the physiology behind your sniffer in Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Extract and examine DNA found in strawberries at Power Science Lab.
- Testing for Reducing Sugars: Utilize Benedict's Solution as you test to see which substance contains the most reducing sugar in Power Science Lab.
- Starch Testing: Discover the role starch plays in your diet and test for its presence in different household items at Power Science Lab.
- Laser-Cut LED Paper Lanterns: Celebrate Lunar New Year as you laser-cut your own paper lanterns in Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
- Playground Architects: Be the architect behind your very own playground, then bring it to life in Inventor's Workshop.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world