Go Green WonderWeek
Thursday, Apr. 21, 2016 – Wednesday, Apr. 27, 2016
Reduce! Reuse! Recycle! For 46 years, Earth Day has inspired awareness and appreciation for our environment. Spring into action and celebrate the wonders of the world during our Go Green WonderWeek. Explore nature’s creations, discover ways to make a difference, and practice protecting the planet we call home.
About the Programs & Activities
- Community Art: Use repurposed cardboard to contribute to a display at Alexander Art Academy.
- Plantable Seed Paper: Learn to use recycled newspaper to grow flowers at Ecostation.
- Reduce Reuse Recycle: Play an environmental game about how to save the planet at Ecostation.
- Earth Day Fans: Create a wonderful work of art out of recycled magazines at Junktion.
- Speak for the Trees: Create an environmental work of art using your fingerprints at Junktion.
- Recycled Newspaper Flowers: Create beautiful flowers crowns out of newspaper at Junktion.
- Guerrilla Gardening: Create storable seed balls to be used for gardening at Science Station.
- Hydroponics 101: Grow greens indoors using Hydroponic techniques at Science Station.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world