Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018 – Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018
Bidi-bidi, bom-bom over to the Children’s Museum of Houston! Celebrate the Queen of Tejano music who was inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame last November. Be inspired by Selena’s audacity, ambition and authenticity to follow your very own dreams during this tribute celebration!
Event time: Nov. 17, 2018
- Selena Look-Alike Parade: Calling all mini-Selenas! Dress up "Como la Flor" and be a part of our Selena Parade!
- Event time: 12:30 p.m. in Brown Auditorium
- Selena Tribute Show: Witness a high-energy tribute show by local Selena tribute artist, Cristina Amaro, as she sings some of your favorite Selena songs!
- Event time: Every hour from 11 to 2 p.m. (30 min.) in Kids' Hall Alcove
- Learn to Dance Cumbia: “Baila esta cumbia” and fall in love with one of the generes that influenced Selena's signature sound during a 30 minute dance workshop.
- Event time: 3:30 to 5 p.m. in Kids' Hall Alcove
- Make a Microphone: Design your own microphone to sing along with during the Selena Tribute Show!
- Event time: All day in Junktion
- Selena Sing-Along: Sign to your favorite Selena songs and watch her iconic last performance at the Astrodome.
- Event time: 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 6 p.m. in Brown Auditorium
**Events, activities and times are subject to change.
More info here.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world