Saturday, Apr. 22, 2017 – Saturday, Apr. 22, 2017
Note: Free with purchased admission to the museum. Class will meet in Glassell Hall.
Presented in conjunction with the exhibit Gladiators: Heroes of the Coliseum.
Take your children on a holiday to ancient Rome in the air-conditioned comfort of the Houston Museum of Natural Science to discover how a boy or girl would have lived.
- Tour the tent of a Roman soldier from Legio 13 to discover whatlife was like in the army.
- March with the Roman army.
- Excavate prepared archaeological digs to discover how archaeologists learn about the past.
- Participate in craft and science activities.
- Learn about ancient technology by helping to erect a Roman arch.
- Play Roman games
Cosponsored by the Archaeological Institute of America, Houston Society