Family Activity: Upstanders Project
Monday, May. 11, 2020 – Sunday, May. 31, 2020
An upstander is someone who stands up for others. Upstanders are kind and helpful. In times of crisis, such as the current COVID-19 pandemic, the world needs upstanders more than ever.
- Learn about upstanders during the Holocaust
If your student is in grades 1-4, skip this step and start with step 2.
- Research people being upstanders today.
For inspiration, start with this BBC News article on reasons to be hopeful here.
- Discover the needs of others.
- Show how you will be helpful.
- Follow through.
- Brainstorm how you can help someone else.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, noon - 5:00 pm
The Museum is closed Mondays through August 17, 2020.
- Members: Free Adults (19+): $19 Sr. Citizens (65+): $15 AARP Members: $15 (with valid ID card) Active-Duty Military: $15 Ages 0-18: Free Holocaust Museum Houston is free to everyone each Thursday from 2 to 5 p.m. and on International Holocaust Remembrance Day (Jan. 27), Yom HaShoah, Memorial Day, D-Day (June 6), and International Human Rights Day (Dec. 10).
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Paid parking is available in the parking lot next to the Museum on the corner of Binz and Caroline St.
Events at Holocaust Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world