Family Activity: Upstanders Project
Monday, May. 11, 2020 – Sunday, May. 31, 2020
An upstander is someone who stands up for others. Upstanders are kind and helpful. In times of crisis, such as the current COVID-19 pandemic, the world needs upstanders more than ever.
- Learn about upstanders during the Holocaust
If your student is in grades 1-4, skip this step and start with step 2.
- Research people being upstanders today.
For inspiration, start with this BBC News article on reasons to be hopeful here.
- Discover the needs of others.
- Show how you will be helpful.
- Follow through.
- Brainstorm how you can help someone else.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, noon - 5:00 pm
- General Admission: Members, children, students, and college-level students (with valid ID) receive free admission; $15 per person; $10 per person Active-Duty Military, Seniors 65+ and AARP members (with valid ID). Free Hours: Thursdays from 2:00-5:00 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Paid parking is available in the parking lot next to the Museum on the corner of Binz and Caroline St.
Events at Holocaust Museum Houston
May. 1 – May. 31, 2020
A Conversation with Author Joseph Kanon, Moderated by Ernie Manouse
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world