Thursday, Jan. 18, 2018 – Thursday, Jan. 18, 2018
Calling all theatre buffs! Come enjoy an improv storytelling performance called "The Big Bad Wolf Tells All," with an interesting twist where the wolf is a vegetarian. Don't miss this funny tale!
Event time: 6 p.m. in Brown Auditorium.
- The line where the sky meets the sea: Create an ocean scene at Alexander Art Academy.
- Moana's useful coconuts: Build your own coconut tree and learn how all different parts can be used at Ecostation.
- Types of Island Matching Game: Learn about different types of islands and how they form at Ecostation.
- Lei Necklace: Make a traditional lei necklace at Junktion.
- Tamatoa: Design your very own shiny crab from Moana at Junktion.
- Pua, the Pig Mask: Transform into Moana's trusty animal sidekick at Junktion.
- Cloud in a bottle: Discover how condensation and pressure work together to form clouds at Science Station.
- Starch Testing: Discover the importance of starch in your diet and test for its presence in common household items at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Observe a neutralization reaction and learn how our body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Using red cabbage juice come learn how to test the liquid in a cabbage for pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Learn about DNA and extract it from strawberries at Power Science Lab.
- Coding Creations: Code your own Google logo, Star Wars Galaxy or Minecraft game using MIT scratch code software and block programming at Investors' Workshop.
- Robot Arm: Construct a robot by using simple laser cut links and locks, made of particle wood at Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world