Thursday, Mar. 29, 2018 – Thursday, Mar. 29, 2018
Calling all theatre buffs! Come enjoy an improv storytelling performance called “Aztec Princess” Gather around the stage and discover a story about Mexico. You won't want to miss this exciting tale!
Event time: Mar. 29 , 6:30 p.m. in Brown Auditorium
- Torn Paper Collages: Rip paper into shapes, strips, or shreds, then use it to create a cool collage at Alexander Art Academy.
- Batty Senses: Help each mother bat find its baby using your sense of smell at Eco Station.
- Amazing Animal Sense: Discover how different animals use their sense with a fun matching game at Eco Station.
- Color Wheel Wonder: Experience the colors of the rainbow with your very own vibrant color wheel at Junktion.
- Beat of the Ballon Drum: Move to the groove and march to the beat of your ballon drum at Junktion.
- Snuggly Bear: Float away on your dream cloud make your very own plush and soft snuggly bear at Junktion.
- Just a Minute: Get up and go as you estimate how many times you can complete sensational tasks at Math Cart.
- Audio Illusions: Don't get fooled as you experience the McGurk effect and see how your brain and ears can sometimes play tricks on you at Science Station.
- Starch Testing: Discover the importance of starch in your diet and test for its presence in common household items at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Observe a neutralization reaction and learn how our body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Using red cabbage juice come learn how to test the liquid in a cabbage for pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Learn about DNA and extract it from strawberries at Power Science Lab.
- Coding Creations: Code your own Google logo, Star Wars Galaxy or Minecraft game using code software and programming at Inventors' Workshop.
- Search Light: Experiment with soldering and simple circuits to light up the night sky with your very own searchlight at Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world