Explore Abilities Day
Monday, Nov. 13, 2017 – Monday, Nov. 13, 2017
10:00 AM – 03:00 PM
Join us for Explore Abilities day, an exclusive event for children with learning differences and their families. Designed in partnership with the Meyer Center for Developmental Pediatrics and Autism Center at Texas Children’s Hospital, Explore Abilities provides a comfortable, protected and accepting environment for children. It also allows parents to make connections with other families and offers new tools and resources.
Event time: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
This exclusive event includes the following modifications:
- Doors will be closed to the public
- Less crowded environment free from unnecessary distractions
- No music will be playing on the overhead audio systems
- Extra visual signage for safety
- Specialists on hand for consultation and extra fun activities
- Sound reducing headphones, ear defenders and sunglasses available on loan
- Designated quiet rooms will be available
- Families are allowed to bring in outside food and drinks (Fresh Café will be closed)
Admission is just $5, and FREE for members! To register, please contact Lydia Dungus at (713) 535-7238.
Media Note: There is a possibility news outlets will attend and photograph this event.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world