Exclusive Tour “Tudors to Windsors: British Royal Portraits from Holbein to Warhol”
Monday, Dec. 10, 2018 – Monday, Jan. 14, 2019
Tudors to Windsors: British Royal Portraits from Holbein to Warhol presents a sweeping survey of the cavalcade of kings, queens, princes, and princesses who have graced the British crown over the last 500 years. The MFAH is the only U.S. venue to host this unprecedented exhibition, which presents many works of art that have never been seen outside of England until now.
These lively, private tours—offered when the rest of the Museum is closed to the public—explore Tudors to Windsors to show how masterworks of painting, sculpture, and photography tell the fascinating story of Britain’s monarchy.
- The November 19 & December 10 tours are led by David Bomford, Audrey Jones Beck Curator of European art, and chairman of conservation.
- The January 7 & 14 tours are led by Helga Aurisch, curator of European art.
About Exclusive Tours
Exclusive Tours offer access to select Museum exhibitions on special Mondays, when the Museum is closed to the public. In these lively, in-depth walking tours, Museum experts share their expansive knowledge about the featured exhibition. After the tour, discuss your experience over a glass of sparkling wine.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $15
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $10
- Military (with ID) $10
- College Students (19+ with ID) $7.50
- Youth (13–18) $7.50
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Two Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- The first 30 minutes are always free. On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Nov. 2 – Mar. 24, 2019
Garden Paradise: The Magnificent Safavid Carpet from the Burrell Collection, Glasgow
Dec. 8 – Jun. 9, 2019
Mending: Craft and Community—Selections from the Museum’s Collection
Jan. 30 – Dec. 29, 2019
Arts of Islamic Lands: Selections from The al-Sabah Collection, Kuwait
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world