Exclusive Tour “Adiós Utopia: Dreams and Deceptions in Cuban Art Since 1950”
Monday, May. 8, 2017 – Monday, May. 8, 2017
• $55 Museum members
• $65 Nonmembers
Secure your spot in advance! Get online tickets, or visit any MFAH admissions desk.
Adiós Utopia: Dreams and Deceptions in Cuban Art Since 1950 is the first comprehensive display of contemporary Cuban art ever presented in the United States. With very few exceptions, the works in the exhibition have never been seen in the United States as a result of Cold War tensions.
This private tour of Adiós Utopia explores the complex relationship between artistic production and the utopian spirit that defined Cuba’s revolutionary period, and the diverse ways that art charted, commented on, and confronted the country’s social utopia and its contradictions.
• The 1:30 pm tour is led by Maria Gaztambide, associate director of the International Center for the Arts of the Americas.
• The 6:30 pm tour is led by Mari Carmen Ramírez, Wortham Curator of Latin American Art, who played a lead role in the international team that organized this exhibition.
About Exclusive Tours
Exclusive Tours offer access to select Museum exhibitions on special Mondays when the Museum is closed to the public. In these lively, in-depth walking tours, Museum experts share their expansive knowledge about the featured exhibition. After the tour, discuss your experience over a glass of sparkling wine.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- General Admission: MFAH Members-FREE Adult-$15 ($14 Online); Senior (65+) $10 ($9 Online); Youth (13-18) $7.50 ($6.50 Online); Child (12 & younger) FREE; Military (ID Required) $10; Student (ID Required) $7.50 Ticketed exhibitions require an additional admission charge. Free Hours: FREE THURSDAY 10 am - 9 pm
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Enlarge the map to see main-campus parking options, or download the PDF.
Parking update: A new underground parking garage, located on Montrose Boulevard, is now open!
- The outdoor parking lot on Bissonnet, across from the Law Building, is closed permanently.
- Parking is available in two garages: an above-ground garage at 1144 Binz Street, and a new underground garage at 5101 Montrose Blvd.
- Guests with limited mobility: We recommend that you use the covered drop-off lane at the Main Street entrance to the Beck Building, or use wheelchair-accessible parking in the garage at 1144 Binz Street.
Parking Garage Locations
- 1144 Binz Street
- 5101 Montrose Boulevard
Parking Fees*Parking payments may be made only with a major credit card. Also accepted: MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
MFAH Members Visitors 0–30 minutes FREE FREE 31 minutes–4 hours $6 $10 4–12 hours $10 $18 12–24 hours $35 $35
HoursBoth parking garages are open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Jan. 30 – Jan. 28, 2018
Arts of Islamic Lands: Selections from The al-Sabah Collection, Kuwait
Oct. 21 – Oct. 21, 2017
Gallery Concert: Da Camera Young Artists perform “The Sounds of Glamour and Romance”
Oct. 11 – Feb. 25, 2018
A History of Photography: Selections from the Museum’s Collection
Nov. 18 – Feb. 4, 2018
Extravagant Objects: Jewelry and Objets d’Art from the Masterson Collection
Oct. 28 – Oct. 28, 2017
Flowers in Fashion: Floral-Arranging Workshop Inspired by “The Glamour and Romance of Oscar de la Renta”
Oct. 28 – Oct. 28, 2017
The Robert Avalon International Competition for Composers: Concert and Awards Program
Nov. 5 – Nov. 5, 2017
Furniture in a New Taste: Early Anglo Cabinetmakers & the Lure of the East
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world