Elves on a Shelf
Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2017 – Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2017
Were you naughty or nice? Santa’s elves are stopping by at the Children's Museum of Houston to find out. Don’t miss your chance to meet and greet the elves and sing along to Christmas Carols.
Event time: 12 and 1 p.m. in Brown Auditorium
- Santa Meet-and-Greet: Bring your wish list and snap a picture with Santa! 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. in Brown Auditorium.
- Thanksgiving Vests & Pennant Flag: Rock these to wobble alongside our turkey. Event time: All Day, in One World Discovery Room and in Tree Top Discovery Room.
- Pumpkin Patch Prints: Use your knuckles to paint a field of bright pumpkins at Alexander Art Academy.
- Pumpkin Life Cycle: Make your own pumpkin vine and witness the life cycle of a pumpkin at EcoStation.
- Trees through the Seasons: Turn over a new leaf and make a moving tree model that rotates through the seasons at EcoStation.
- Thank You Tree: Let the world know who you're thankful for this holiday season by creating a special message at Junktion.
- Fairy Pumpkin Ornament: Create your own beautiful fairy pumpkin ornament to hang in your windowsill at Junktion.
- Turkey Leg Hat: Make this hilarious turkey leg hat as you celebrate and give thanks, this week at Junktion.
- I Only Have Pies for You: Become a baker and build as many pies as possible while being the last person to find a piece of the pies at Math Cart.
- Iron in Cereal: Explore how to test iron in your morning cereal and learn about the important role iron plays in the human body at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Upset Stomach? Discover how your body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Strap on your lab goggles and find out how to test the liquid in a cabbage for pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Come experiment with us and learn about the building blocks of life and DNA extraction at Power Science Lab.
- LED Hand Generator: Vroom Vroom! Engineer your very own electric motor and zoom away at Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world