EAT, PLAY, LOVE WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Feb. 7, 2019 – Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2019
Join us this week for full week of Valentine's Day inspired activities. Create fun gifts for your Valentine while you learn about healthy eating and play fun games. Spread some Valentine's Day love and friendship with us this WonderWeek!
- Jazz Education Readers' Theater: We're jazzed for you to join us for this interactive reader's theater that will take listeners on a musical journey.
- Event time and location: Feb. 9, 2019, 1 p.m.- 2p.m. in Brown Auditorium
**Event and times subject to change
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- LOVE Paintings: Come create your own LOVE pop art with vivid watercolors in honor of the Valentine's week in Art Academy.
- Habitat Creation: Do you know where a frog lives? What about an owl? Find out and build their habitats in EcoStation.
- Nature Hand Tracing: Use your hands and paint to make cool nature creations like pineapples or flowers in EcoStation.
- Edgy Veggie Crown: Show your style with these yummy crowns as you learn about healthy eating in Junktion.
- Pop! & Catch: Create your own pop and catch game and see how many times you can catch the ball in Junktion.
- Friendship Bracelets: Make matching rainbow loom bracelets with your BFF in Junktion.
- Circle Logic: Go head-to-head with a friend in this fun circle board game in Math Cart.
- Love Potion Valentines!: Make a special card for your valentine as you watch the love potion transform your card from yellow to a bright red in Science Station.
- The Olfactory Knows: Stop a smell the roses and use your nose in this matching game in Power Science Lab.
- Testing for Reducing Sugars: Do you know how much sugar is in your Valentine's Day chocolate? We'll put it to the test in Power Science Lab.
- Acid Levels in Juice: This fresh squeezed experiment will help you make healthy choices in Power Science Lab.
- Starch Testing: Test for starch in common foods we eat every day and learn how it fits into your diet in Power Science Lab.
- 3D Print Custom Legos: Design your own Lego and use a 3D printer to watch it come to life in Inventor's Workshop.
- Leather Keychain: Show the love by making a keychain for your Valentine in Inventor's Workshop.
- Lego Craftsmanship: Use over-sized Lego blocks to build the furniture of the future in Inventor's Workshop.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world