EARTH ROCKS WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Apr. 18, 2019 – Wednesday, Apr. 24, 2019
Help us celebrate nature and we learn to protect it. Reduce, reuse and recycle and have fun while doing it. Get inspired by all things Earth to make some cool crafts. Use recycled newspaper to make an Earth Day crown and repropose magazines to make colorful fans. All this and more for an Earth Day that's lasting all WonderWeek long.
Event: April 18 - 24, 2019
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Color Your World: Grab some markers and make a design on an environmentally friendly fabric in Art Academy.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Play this fun game to learn how you can help the environment in EcoStation.
- Water Pollution: Can You See It?: Filter water to learn how dirty it really is in EcoStation.
- Frontiers of Space: Arrange the plants for astronomical fun and compare Earth to the other plants in Science Station.
- Earth Day Fans: Use magazine paper to make these colorful Earth Friendly fans in Junktion.
- Speak for the Trees: Use your fingerprints to grow a tree and learn how you can protect them in Junktion.
- Recycled Newspaper Flower Crown: Reuse, reduce and recycle to show off your Earth Day Style in Junktion.
- Circle Logic: Play against your friends to see who will be the last one with a dot in the circle in Math Cart.
- Iron in Cereal: Grab your favorite breakfast food and test to see how much iron you're eating in Power Science Lab.
- Testing for Reducing Sugars: Test everyday foods and see how much sugar could be hiding in Power Science Lab.
- Acid Levels in Juice: Grab your favorite juice and test its pH balance in Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: check out the makeup behind strawberries as you learn all about DNA in Power Science Lab.
- Mini Wind Turbines: Learn about wind energy and make your own turbines in Inventor's Workshop.
- Protect the Egg: See if you can build a nest that will protect your egg or it'll be sunny side up in Inventor's Workshop.
**Events, activities and times are subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world