Earth Day Bash
Saturday, Apr. 21, 2018 – Saturday, Apr. 21, 2018
10:00 AM – 02:00 PM
Reduce! Reuse! Recycle! For 48 years, Earth Day has inspired awareness and appreciation for our environment. Spring into action and celebrate the wonders of the world during our Earth Day Bash. Explore nature’s creations, discover ways to make a difference, and practice protecting the planet we call home.
- Tree For Houston: Take home free tree saplings. (while supplies last)
- Event time: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at Museum Entrance.
- University of Houston Engineering: Join professor Stacey Louie and Devin Shaffer as they demonstrate a water filtration process where nanoparticles absorb impurities from water.
- Event time: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at Courtyard.
- Edible Earth Resources: Participate in a sustainable and delicious gardening activity.
- Event time: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at Kids' Hall Alcove.
- Loam Agronomics: Get creative and make an artistic masterpiece by using a vegetable spectacle.
- Event time: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at Kids' Hall.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world