Earth Day Bash
Saturday, Apr. 22, 2017 – Saturday, Apr. 22, 2017
Reduce! Reuse! Recycle! For 47 years, Earth Day has inspired awareness and appreciation for our environment. Spring into action and celebrate the wonders of the world during our Earth Day Bash. Explore nature’s creations, discover ways to make a difference, and practice protecting the planet we call home.
- Color Your World: Create artwork that's environmentally friendly by adding color and design to our washable fabric at Art Academy.
- A Stick is an Excellent Thing!: Read poems that celebrate the outdoors and see which objects referenced can be found in our around EcoStation!
- Recycling Song: Create your own recycling song as a reminder to care for the earth all year long at Ecostation.
- Dyno Mask: Become one of the most fearsome creatures to ever walk the earth after reading the book, "How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?" at Junktion.
- Green Eggs and Ham Hat: Make your very own pan with green eggs hat at Junktion.
- Dancing Giraffe: Can giraffes dance? Yes then can! Make your own dancing giraffe after reading the book Giraffes's Can't Dance at Junktion.
- Earth Day Fans: Create a wonderful work of art out of recycled materials at Junktion.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world