Dr. Seuss Diffendoofer Day
Saturday, Mar. 4, 2017 – Saturday, Mar. 4, 2017
We're hosting a Seussical celebration in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday! Grab your party hats and join us for a festive occasion, in celebration of Read Aloud Month and National Reading Awareness Month. Plus, visitors who wear their favorite Dr. Seuss accessories will receive $2 off admission! Free bookmarks to first 100 children to arrive.
- Cat in the Hat Character Appearance: Meet your favorite Cat in the Hat. Event time: All day, throughout the Museum.
- Thing 1 & Thing 2 Character Appearance: Don't forget to say hi to thing 1 and thing 2. Event time: All day, throughout the Museum.
- Read Strong All Year Long Bookmarks: Don't miss our free bookmark giveaway. (while supplies last.)
- Party Hat Giveaway: The first 100 visitors to join the birthday party will receive festive hats to celebrate! Event Time: 3-4 p.m. in the Kids' Hall Alcove. ( giveaways while supplies last.)
- Happy Birthday Singing: Join us for Happy Birthday singing . Plus, answer trivia questions and join the birthday dance party! Event Time: 3-4 p.m. in the Kid's Hall Alcove.
- Tweetle Beetle Battle: Don't miss a rhyming battle between the Fox and the Beetle from the book "Fox in Socks. Event time: 3-4 p.m. in the Kids' Hall Alcove.
- DJ Dance Party: Don't forget to bust out your best moves after the birthday celebration.
- Dr. Seuss Read Aloud Storytime: Event Time: 11:15 a.m., 1:15and 3:15 p.m. in the Parent Resource Library.
- "The Lorax" Movie: Take a break from the birthday celebration and catch one of your favorite Dr. Seuss flicks! Event Time: 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, and 4:30 p.m. in the Brown Auditorium.
- Crazy Cactus: Let the prickly pear cactus, the official state plant of Texas, inspire you to create a mixed media work of art at Art Academy.
- Farm Animal Finger Puppets: Read Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? Then create finger puppets of farm animals and use them to put on a show at EcoStation.
- Texas State Symbol Bingo: Get three state symbols in a row to win at Ecostation.
- Boot Scootin’ Boogie: Dance the day away when you fashion your own cowboy boots from a paper bag at Junktion.
- Parent Resource Library: Listen to the storytelling of Dr. Seuss books and watch the Lorax during the celebration of his birthday at the Library.
- Free the Animals: Learn more about probability in this hands on, interactive game for older children by freeing animals from cages at Math Cart.
- One Fish, Two Fish: Toddlers will have the chance to learn counting skills as they pick the correct number of fish out of the fish bowl at Math Cart.
- Toy Take Apart: Discover how toys light up, make noise and move through this facinating activity at Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world