DOSE OF GROSS WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Oct. 24, 2019 – Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019
Mad scientists are running amock at Halloween Grosstopia! Explore the chemistry behind the creepy and the science of slime as you partake in spine-tingling and spirit-lifting activities.
Event time: Oct. 24-31, 2019
- Spider Web Art: Design a spooky spider web at Alexander Art Academy
- Digging for Worms: Learn about how different bird beaks can snatch up worms in EcoStation.
- Adopt-A-Monster: Have you ever wanted a pet monster? Create your own spooky monster pal to chase away the ghosts and ghouls at Junktion.
- Bat Wings: Calling all monsters! Bats are always welcomed so spread your wings or make them at Junktion.
- Zombie Brain Masks: The walking dead come alive when you make your very own zombie brain mask at Junktion.
- Guar Gum Slime: Mix up a bleak batch of guar gum slime to take home at Science Station.
- 12x12: It's a math matchup for the ages! See how many combinations of 12 you can find in Math Cart.
- "It's Alive!" Frankenstein Workshop: Invent other-worldly monsters from your own imagination then bring them to life in Inventor's Workshop!
- 3D Creepers: Watch your own mini-monsters come to life using 3D printers in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Jitter Critters: Craft monstrous creatures that jitter and skitter on their own in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Laser Cut Halloween Mask: Design your own spooky Halloween mask with a laser cutter in Chevron Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN HAPPENINGS:
- Trick-or-treat daily! 4 - 6 p.m. weekdays, 4 - 8 p.m. Thursdays, and all day weekends thru Halloween Night!
- Get slime-soaked during our open-to-the-public Slime-Off! on Oct. 27.
- Move your bones to funky tunes at our spooktacular Halloween Monster Mash Bash on Oct. 31 (open until 8 p.m.)
Check out our web calendar for a full dose of Halloween events.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world