Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019 – Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019
06:30 PM – 08:00 PM
Holocaust Museum Houston's Latino Initiatives Advisory Committee and young professionals group, NEXTGen, invite you to a private film screening of “Dolores.” One of the most important, yet least known activists of our time, Dolores Huerta was an equal partner in founding the first farm workers union with César Chávez. Tirelessly leading the fight for racial and labor justice, Huerta evolved into one of the most defiant feminists of the 20th century — and she continues the fight to this day, in her late 80s. With unprecedented access to this intensely private mother of 11, Peter Bratt's film “Dolores” chronicles Huerta’s life from her childhood in Stockton, California to her early years with the United Farm Workers, from her work with the headline-making grape boycott launched in 1965 to her role in the feminist movement of the '70s, to her continued work as a fearless activist.
“Dolores” Awards and Nominations:
- 2017 Critics Choice Documentary Award – Most Compelling Living Subject of A Documentary
- 2017 Critics Choice Documentary Award – Best Political Documentary (Nominated)
- San Francisco International Film Festival Audience Award – Best Documentary Feature
- Cinema Eye Honors Awards – The Unforgettables
This film will be screened in English and have Spanish subtitles. Admission is free and open to the public, but advance registration is required. For more information, please contact Rocio Rubio, Corporate Relations Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-527-1838.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, noon - 5:00 pm
- General Admission: Members, children, students, and college-level students (with valid ID) receive free admission; $15 per person; $10 per person Active-Duty Military, Seniors 65+ and AARP members (with valid ID). Free Hours: Thursdays from 2:00-5:00 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Paid parking is available in the parking lot next to the Museum on the corner of Binz and Caroline St.
Events at Holocaust Museum Houston
May. 1 – May. 31, 2020
A Conversation with Author Joseph Kanon, Moderated by Ernie Manouse
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world