Doctor Who Revelations
Saturday, Jul. 15, 2017 – Saturday, Jul. 15, 2017
10:00 AM – 05:00 PM
His identity is vast as space and timeless as infinity. But, who is Doctor Who? Unravel the mysteries of the ultimate Time Lord and encounter not one, not two, but THREE of your favorite incarnations of The Doctor. Accompanied by the time-travelling ship, the TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space), join planet Gallifrey’s inhabitant and take part in our “Sonic Screwdriver” workshop during this fan celebration.
Event time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Kids' Hall Alcove
- Twisting Time: Get inside a scientist's mind as you twist, tie, and dye a baby wipe with glitter markers to resemble a space wormhole at Alexander Art Academy.
- Tomorrow's World: Tap into your creative side as you imagine what the Earth may look like in the distant future. Help protect our planet for future generations as you brainstorm positive actions that will benefit the environment at Ecostation.
- Trash Timeline: Explore decomposition rates and how it may affect our future planet by experimenting how long it takes for a banana peel, plastic bag, and a paper towel to break down in our environment at EcoStation.
- Acids in Juice: Jump into food science experiments by testing for acidity levels in different common beverages at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Discover the chemical reactants in cabbage juice by testing for pH levels and exploring how acidic and basic solutions react to produce variations in color at Power Science Lab.
- Buffers in Action: Uncover the function of buffers in chemical processes by conducting 3 different scientific experiments at Power Science Lab.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world