Day of the Child WonderWeek
Thursday, Apr. 27, 2017 – Wednesday, May. 3, 2017
"Children's Day" honors kids on various days in many places around the world. In Mexico, it is celebrated on April 30 and is known as "El día del niño." The Museum’s celebration will focus on the joys of being a kid and on enriching kids’ lives with literacy.
- Houston Puppetry Guild: Come watch the "Favorite Stories Puppet Show" during the Marionette performance by the Greater Houston Puppetry Guild! Event Time: 2 p.m. in Brown Auditorium.
- Mariachi Serenata Juvenil: Enjoy a twenty minute musical performance featuring traditional songs. Event Time: 1 & 1:30 p.m. in Alcove.
- Painting with Toys: Put a bit of paint on our toys, then press, drag, or roll them on your paper to see what designs you can create at Art Acadaemy.
- Nature Hand Tracing: Trace and decorate your hand to create different living animals in nature at EcoStation.
- Watch Me Grow: Plant your own lima bean and watch as it sprouts and grows at EcoStation.
- Day of the Child Crown: Create your own crown to help celebrate the children at Junktion.
- Tissue Paper Flower: Guests can create their own tissue paper flower, a traditional craft from Mexico used during festivals and holidays at Junktion.
- Pom Pom Popper: Come create your own pom pom pop & catch at Junktion.
- Roll a Rainbow: Be the first to roll a rainbow on your own rainbow mat at Math Cart.
- Toy Take Apart: Discover how toys light up, make noise and move at the Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world