Curious About Chemistry WonderWeek
Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017 – Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2017
The Children's Museum is curious for chemistry! Have phun and learn a ton during a weeklong celebration of science that will leave you oozing for more!
- Colorful Chemistry Creations: Create an original piece of art using watercolors made from cabbage juice at Alexander Art Academy.
- Animal Tapestries: Weave colorful animal pictures on a loom at EcoStation.
- Natural vs. Synthetic: Examine fabrics under a microscope at EcoStation.
- Cardboard Carbon Atom: Learn about the structure of an atom when you make your own out of cardboard at Junktion.
- Longest Polymer Paper Chain: Make a polymer paper chain at Junktion.
- Man in the Yellow Hat, Hat: Become the famous Man in the yellow hat when you create your own at Junktion.
- Cotton Ball Estimation: Discover how many cotton balls are in a container at ExxonMobil Math Cart.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world