CREEPY CONCOCTIONS WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019 – Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2019
Strap on your goggles and grab your lab coats. It's time to mix up some ooey, gooey and utterly creepy concoctions as you enter the world of Grosstopia-chemistry with BASF.
Event time: Oct. 17-23, 2019
- Monsters Love Color Mixing: Inspired by the children's book "Monsters Love Colors," let your creativity flow and paint your own color monster in Art Academy.
- Grow a Jack-o-Lantern Bean Sprout: Decorate your own biodegradable seed pot, plant a pea seed and watch it grow at home in EcoStation.
- Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble: Eye of Newt and scale of dragon. Help these kids have rights of braggin' with this potion bottle in Junktion.
- Sugar Skull Mask: Bring the skeletal spirits to life with your own Dia de los Muertos inspired mask in Junktion.
- Witch's Wand: It's all in the wrist! Design your own wand to cast spells through Halloween Night in Junktion!
- Tricks or Treats?: See if your favorite food items are tricking you into eating more sugar in Math Cart.
- Chemistry is Colorful: See how dyes in inks can be separated into their constituent parts in Science Station.
- "It's Alive!" Frankenstein Workshop: Invent other-worldly monsters from your own imagination then bring them to life in Inventor's Workshop!
- 3D Creepers: Watch your own mini-monsters come to life using 3D printers in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Jitter Critters: Craft monstrous creatures that jitter and skitter on their own in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Laser Cut Halloween Mask: Design your own spooky Halloween mask with a laser cutter in Chevron Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN HAPPENINGS:
- Trick-or-treat daily! 4 - 6 p.m. weekdays, 4 - 8 p.m. Thursdays, and all day weekends thru Halloween Night!
- Get slime-soaked during our open-to-the-public Slime-Off! on Oct. 27.
- Move your bones to funky tunes at our spooktacular Halloween Monster Mash Bash on Oct. 31 (open until 8 p.m.)
Check out our web calendar for a full dose of Halloween events.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world