Crank it up! Engineers Day Celebration
Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018 – Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018
10:00 AM – 04:00 PM
Take your creativity to the next level as we invite you to crank it up during our 2018 Engineers day filled with LEGO® free building zone, exciting demonstrations and the chance to meet a group of talented engineers building the future!
- LEGO® Free Building Zone: Engineer your imagination and make mind-blowing displays in our LEGO® building zone
- Event time: All Day at Kid's Hall Alcove.
- University of Houston National Society of Black Engineers: Work alongside engineers and see if you can complete the LEGO® "Architech and Builder" challenge.
- Event time: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Kids Hall Alcove.
- LEGO® Zipline: Get your pulse pounding and build a contraption to send your LEGO® man down the zip line.
- Event time: All Day at Texans-Chevron Maker Annex.
- Paper Quilling: Use your imagination as you learn how to make stunning 3-D paper flowers at Alexander Art Academy.
- Nest Engineering: The early bird gets the worm s you engineer your very own bird at EcoStation.
- Material Nest Matching Game: Discover one of nature's engineering marvels and learn how birds build their nest at EcoStation.
- LEGO® Masks: Shrink yourself and be part of the yellow brick world with your very own LEGO® Masks at Junktion.
- Catapult Airplane: Slingshot an airplane into the air to make it go farther and faster at Junktion.
- Build your own LEGO® crown: Use your engineering skills to create your own LEGO® crown at Junktion.
- LEGO® More or Less: Use addition and subtraction to build the tallest Lego tower at Math Cart.
- Rotocopters to the Rescue: Strap in and get ready for take off as you build and fly your very own Rotocopter at Science Station.
- Starch Testing: Explore how to test for starch in household foods and learn how starch plays an important role in the human body at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Upset Stomach? Discover how your body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Acid Levels in Juice: Strap on your lab goggles and find out how to test the liquid in delicious fruit juice for pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- Strawberry DNA Extraction: Come experiment with us and learn about the building blocks of life and DNA extraction at Power Science Lab.
- Coding Creations: Code your own Google logo, Star Wars Galaxy or Minecraft game at Inventors' Workshop.
- LEGO® Zip Line: Design and engineer a LEGO® creation that will test the limits of friction and gravity at Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world