Thursday, Oct. 10, 2019 – Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019
Things are building up to be a totally dreary and eerie Halloween. Get inspired by haunted houses, monstrous mansions, kooky castles and other creepy constructions inspire you to explore Constructioneering. How engin-eerie can you be?
Event time: Oct. 10-16, 2019
- Scary Spider Webs: They're sticky, they're icky and will trap anything that comes its way! Weave your own spider webs in Junktion.
- Howling Monster Calls: Scary noises add thrills to any scary Halloween. Make yours in Junktion!
- LEGO Crown: Be the queen or king of your realm. Build up an epic crown in Junktion.
- Build Your Own Monster: Tap into your inner-Picasso and recreate Frankenstein's monster using mixed media art materials in Art Academy.
- Avalanche: Let time melt away and crystals fall into place in Science Station.
- "It's Alive!" Frankenstein Workshop: Invent other-worldly monsters from your own imagination then bring them to life in Inventor's Workshop!
- 3D Creepers: Watch your own mini-monsters come to life using 3D printers in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Jitter Critters: Craft monstrous creatures that jitter and skitter on their own in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Laser Cut Halloween Mask: Design your own spooky Halloween mask with a laser cutter in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Haunted House Symmetry: Match and mix shapes to make your haunted house in Math Cart.
- Escape the Cave: Dark, wet and creepy, caves are more than scary places. Learn how they're formed in this board game at EcoStation.
- Can You See It?: Trap all the pesky pollutants in your water using everyday items found in your house at EcoStation.
**Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world