Code Red Dance Team
Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017 – Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017
Come dance up a storm with the Code Red dance team during an exclusive dance clinic where you'll have the opportunity to learn their techniques and newest choreography in celebration of our Winter Wonderland WonderWeek.
Event time: 6:30 and 7 p.m. in Brown Auditorium.
- Tree of Life Sculptures: Design a 3-D version of Gustav Klimt’s famous The Tree of Life at Alexander Art Academy.
- Box Planetarium: Engineer your very own planetarium box and explore distant and far away worlds at EcoStation.
- Equatorial Bulge: Determine why the earth bulges at the equator by making a working model of the Earth and its rotation at EcoStation.
- Pinwheel Power: Engineer your own pinwheel and learn about turbines at Junktion.
- Balancing Popsicle Sticks: Make your own balancing popsicle stick and learn about center of gravity at Junktion.
- Wood pecking Bird: Create a unique woodpecker and watch as he slides down a rubber band at Junktion.
- Stacking Cups: Race against the clock and see if you can build the tallest tower possible without causing it to fall over at Math Cart.
- Iron in Cereal: Explore how to test iron in your morning cereal and learn about the important role iron plays in the human body at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Upset Stomach? Discover how your body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Strap on your lab goggles and find out how to test the liquid in a cabbage for pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Come experiment with us and learn about the building blocks of life and DNA extraction at Power Science Lab.
- LED Hand Generator: Vroom Vroom! Engineer your very own electric motor and zoom away at Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world