Sunday, Oct. 27, 2019 – Sunday, Oct. 27, 2019
05:00 PM – 07:30 PM
Based on a short story by Haruki Murakami, the critically acclaimed Burning is a searing examination of an alienated young man. Jongsu (Ah-in Yoo) is a frustrated introvert whose already difficult life is complicated by two people who enter his orbit: Haemi (newcomer Jong-seo Jun), a spirited woman who offers romantic possibility; and then Ben (Steven Yeun, The Walking Dead), a wealthy and sophisticated young man with whom Haemi returns from a trip.
When Jongsu learns of Ben’s mysterious hobby and Haemi suddenly disappears, confusion and obsessions begin to mount, culminating in a stunning finale. Named “Best Film” on multiple 2018 lists, Burning has won numerous awards, including the FIPRESCI Prize at the Cannes Film Festival, and the Jury Grand Prize at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards.
• “A twisted love triangle at the core of this Korean thriller ... becomes something far more unsettling thanks to a bracing midway plot jolt and a powerful atmosphere of doom and dread.” —Times (UK)
• “Burning will leave you breathless.” —Detroit News
• “A disorienting, bracing, wholly exhilarating experience, filled with an unnerving and often eerie sense of impending doom that can’t be stopped.” —Front Row
Tickets for Burning (Beoning)
Sunday, October 27, 2019 5 p.m.
Looking for Film Buff or Member tickets?
If you are a current Film Buff or Museum Member, please sign in to access your free and discounted tickets.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $15
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $10
- Military (with ID) $10
- College Students (19+ with ID) $7.50
- Youth (13–18) $7.50
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Two Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- The first 30 minutes are always free. On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world