Brink of Beyond WonderWeek
Thursday, May. 25, 2017 – Wednesday, Jun. 7, 2017
Our Sci-Fi Summer has officially kicked off at the Children's Museum of Houston and you're invited to come explore what it's like to create your own planet and learn about pixels in a galaxy.
- Create a planet: Design your own planet and choose what star it will orbit and which side it will face at Art Academy.
- Pixelated Galaxy: Learn about pixels by creating your very own galaxy at Junktion.
- Baby Groot Mask: Let your creativity explode and design your own baby groot mask at Junktion.
- Yondu's Fin: Get into character and become Yondu for the day by rocking his fin at Junktion.
- 8 Bit Images: Construct your own 8 bit animated design and explore the concept of coding in generating video games at Science Station.
- Race to Space: Become the first person to race through space and reach 100 at ExxonMobile Math Cart.
- Music Box: Build a music box and connect it to microprocessor and learn how to program a device to play tunes at Maker Annex.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world