Brain On Art
Tuesday, Jun. 26, 2018 – Saturday, Jun. 30, 2018
11:00 AM – 03:00 PM
The Children’s Museum of Houston is collaborating with Dr. Jose Luis Contreras-Vidal and his team of University of Houston graduate students to collect data on brain activity associated with the creative process of producing and contemplating visual artwork.
You're invited to witness this ground-breaking research as kids create art while wearing non-invasive brain-sensing technology!* During the workshop, three participants, outfitted with brain sensing caps or headbands, will create original artwork as a team. Check out past Your Brain On Art events!
- Age requirements: Children 6 and up with accompanying adult.
- Fee: Included with $12 general admission. Museum members are free.
- Time commitment: 1 hour and 30 minutes . (includes cap/headband fitting and event participation)
Event Time: 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
*Due to limited availability, participants will be pre-selected.
Please watch this video of what to expect during the workshop.
(This video shows you how 32-sensor, gel-based caps and headband will be placed on your head).
ABOUT NON-INVASIVE BRAIN MACHINE INTERFACES
Learn more about University of Houston’s Non-Invasive Brain Machines Interface Laboratory’s research.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world