Back to the Museum Week
Thursday, Jul. 18, 2019 – Wednesday, Jul. 31, 2019
Head to the Museum for a week packed with Sci-Fi adventures! Dive into dinos, space and more with all the science fun. Gear up for your role in an out-of-this-world movie and make your own costume pieces. All this more for a WonderWeek of cosmic portions.
Event time: July 18-31, 2019
- Star Wars Meet-and-Greet: Join our intergalactic guest and take an out-of-this-world selfie with Kylo Ren, Rey, Leia and Chewy!
- Event time: July 20 from 10 a.m to 4 p.m. in Kids' Hall Alcove
- Lightsaber Workshop: May the force be with you as you make your own lightsaber.
- Event time: July 20 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Science Station
- Moon Landing: Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Moon Landing by watching the first steps every taking on the Moon.
- Event time: July 20 at 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. in Brown Auditorium
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Paint Chip Cityscapes: Make a superhero city just like Kidtropolis out of recycled paint chips in Art Academy.
- Fossil Teeth Identification: Check out these prehistoric molars and see if you can guess which dino used them to chomp down in EcoStation.
- Dinosaurs and Animals Today: Compare teeth of dinos from the Jurassic period with animals from the Phanerozoic eon in EcoStation.
- Dark Side Mask: Step into character and make a prop to complete the final touches to your Action-Packed film in Junktion.
- Yoda Ears: Channel your inner Yoda and make some green ears to show off your Star Wars style in Junktion.
- You're a Star: Step out on the boulevard and see your name in the stars! Make your own star in Junktion.
- Ozobots: Color your coding pattern and watch as the ozobot follows your commands in Science Station.
- Molecular Model: Mix acids and bases and use magnetic models to form salt and water in Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Watch as different liquids react to cabbage juice and test their pH levels of food we eat every day in Power Science Lab.
- Acid Levels in Juice: Grab your favorite juice and test its pH balance in Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Our Bodies at Work: Check out how our stomach digest food through this cool experiment in Power Science Lab.
- Magic Glasses: Use a laser-cutter and make your own version of magical Spectrespecs in Inventor's Workshop.
***Events, times and locations subject to change
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world