Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018 – Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018
07:00 PM – 08:45 PM
Coming of age in Iran, Ava (Mahour Jabbari) faces pressure to conform to the expectations of her parents, her school, and her teenaged friends. When she learns that her parents were once flagrant rule-breakers themselves, Ava begins to rebel, pitting her parents against each other.
Ava masterfully demonstrates how an authoritarian culture can force denial and detachment, particularly among young women during their formative, yet vulnerable, high school years. The film is the debut feature of Sadaf Foroughi, an Iranian-born writer and producer now residing in Canada, who based the film on her own adolescent experiences.
• Want to see more of the Iranian Film Festival? Rice Cinema and Asia Society Texas Center also host screenings.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $15
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $10
- Military (with ID) $10
- College Students (19+ with ID) $7.50
- Youth (13–18) $7.50
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Two Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- The first 30 minutes are always free. On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
May. 19 – Nov. 25, 2018
Contemporary Dutch Design: Selections from the Museum’s Collection
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world