Author Kathleen Contreras Storytime
Thursday, Apr. 25, 2019 – Thursday, Apr. 25, 2019
Join us and Author Kathleen Contreras as she reads her book Harvesting Friends, Cosechando Amigos. This bilingual book tells an inspiring story of friendship, community and a spicy salsa garden.
Event: April 25, 2019 at 6 and 7 p.m. in Parent Resource Library
- Houston Puppetry Guild: Watch as these puppets come to live to tell fun stories.
- Event time: 6:30 p.m. in Brown Auditorium
- Ain't Gonna Paint: After tracing your hand, grab bright colors and make a colorful masterpiece in Art Academy.
- My Story Rocks: Use forest scenes and wild animals painted on rocks to tell a story of your very own in EcoStation.
- I Spy Nature Journals: Whether you see a turtle swimming in a pond or a bird flying in the sky, make a nature journal to write it all down in EcoStation.
- Materials Testing Elastomers: Explore the properties of rubber by testing out experiments in Science Station.
- Dancing Giraffe Puppet: Move and groove with your new friend after you make your giraffe puppet in Junktion.
- Dino Mask: Roar loud after making this Jurassic disguise in Junktion.
- Green Eggs and Ham Hat: Channel your inner Dr. Suess to make these whimsical hats in Junktion.
- Pattern Sticks: Play against your first to see who can empty the counting bowl first in Math Cart.
- Iron in Cereal: Grab your favorite breakfast food and test to see how much iron you're eating in Power Science Lab.
- Testing for Reducing Sugars: Test everyday foods and see how much sugar could be hiding in Power Science Lab.
- Acid Levels in Juice: Grab your favorite juice and test its pH balance in Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Check out the makeup behind strawberries as you learn all about DNA in Power Science Lab.
- Mini Wind Turbines: Learn about wind energy and make your own turbines in Inventor's Workshop.
- Protect the Egg: See if you can build a nest that will protect your egg or it'll be sunny side up in Inventor's Workshop.
**Events, times and locations subject to change
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world