Saturday, May. 13, 2017 – Saturday, May. 13, 2017
10:00 AM – 06:00 PM
About Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
Celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month with AsiaFest, Asia Society Texas Center's annual family event featuring community performances, fusion cuisine, creative activities, local vendors, and more!
Co-Chairs: Teri and Jeffrey Lee
Follow us on social media and share your photos with us:
Facebook: @AsiaSocietyTexas | #AsiaFestTX
Instagram and Twitter: @AsiaSocietyTX | #AsiaFestTX
Become a part of the fun by volunteering for AsiaFest! Asia Society is looking for volunteers to assist at the Information Desk, on stage, and in the family activity areas, gallery, and parking lot. We have three shifts: 9:30 am–12:30 pm, 12:15–3:15 pm, and 3:00–6:00 pm.
In celebration of AsiaFest and Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, enjoy 20% off all memberships purchased May 13 through May 15! Sign-up by visiting Visitor & Member Services or entering promo code ASIAFEST online.
Asia Society members receive FREE gallery admission and discounted tickets to 100+ programs throughout the year.
Fusion Food and Snacks
Food trucks representing the Bayou City’s culinary diversity will be lined up along Southmore Boulevard.
- Friohana Shave Ice
- Ripe Cuisine
- D’Lish Curbside
- Offbeat Eatz
- Wokker Texas Ranger
- It’s A Wrap
- The Grove Donut Truck
- Tila’s Tacos
Community Demonstrations and Performances
Catch performances and demonstrations from Houston's many cultural groups! More performers to be announced. A schedule will be available the week of AsiaFest.
We are no longer accepting artist applications.
Festival Lawn Stage (Outdoors)
- Avantica Academy of Odissi Dance
- Tai Chi Demonstration with Henderson Smith
- Korean Folk Dance and Tae Kwon Do Demonstration from The Korean Art Company
- Kamishibai by the Consulate General of Japan
- Bollywood Dance by US Desi Gals
- Iranian Youth Dancers by Iranian Culture Foundation
- Escrima Martial Art Demonstration by Bahala Na Martial Arts Association
The Brown Foundation Performing Arts Theater (Indoors)
- Taiwanese Puppet Show by The Taiwanese Heritage Society
- Viet Wave Music
- Chinese Dance by J&H Dance School
- Bollywood Performance by Infused Performing Arts
- Chinese Dance by the Oriental Arts Education Center
Games, Activities, and Community Stations
Enjoy fun games and crafts in our Family Activity Zone. Please check back in the coming weeks for updates.
- Chinese Character-Matching
- Chopstick Pick-up Games
- Dragon Boat Crafts
- Ebru Painting and Henna by Islamic Arts Society
- Giant Sudoku
- Harris County Public Heath Information and Giveaways
- Origami by Max Nguyen/Asia Pacific
American Heritage Association
- Poi Rākau (Traditional Maori Game)
- Rangoli and Sari-tying Demonstration by India Cultural Center
- Year of the Rooster Craft by Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers
Shop jewelry, clothing, and handmade goods from the many local vendors on-site. Vendors wishing to participate in AsiaFest 2017 can download our vendor application form here.
Art, Handmade Gifts, and Decor
- Balushka Paper Floral Artistry
- Clay Flower Lady
Beauty and Skincare Products and Services
- Atomy Center
- Rosehip Essentials
Clothing, Jewelry, & Accessories
- Earthredz, LLC
- Ethnic Rootz
- Fabspirit/SA Creative Design
- Diversity Clothing Co.
- Heirloom Treasures
- Longitude Lane
- Sachi Creation
- Twilight Imports, LLC
Food, Drink, and Produce
- Big Creek Farms
- Dumpling Haus
- Gingersnaps, Etc./The Center
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- PopCart Handmade Ice Pops
About the Programs & Activities
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Friday, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Closed Mondays and major holidays
- Free Hours: Admission to the building and Grand Hall exhibition is free. Admission to the Sarofim Gallery is free for Asia Society members; $5 for nonmembers.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking in Asia Society Texas Center's lot is $5 for 1-24 hours. Entrances on Caroline and Austin. Limited free and paid street parking also available.
Special Offers / Dining
An India-Inspired Café
Enjoy breakfast and lunch at Pondi! Pondicheri’s little sister is open for extended lunch hours Tuesday through Sunday with a vibrant and innovative menu featuring everything from butter chicken to saffron shrimp salad and roti wraps.
Tuesday – Friday, 11 am – 5 pm
Saturday – Sunday, 10 am – 5 pm
Events at Asia Society Texas Center
Mar. 10 – Jul. 29, 2018
FotoFest 2018 Biennial — India: Contemporary Photography and New Media Art
Mar. 5 – Apr. 30, 2018
Programs & Activities
Level I Wu Dang Mountain 18 Form Tai Chi with Henderson Smith
Mar. 5 – Apr. 30, 2018
Programs & Activities
Level II Wu Dang Mountain 18 Form Tai Chi with Henderson Smith
Apr. 26 – Apr. 26, 2018
The Myths and Misunderstandings of the U.S. – China Trade Relationship
May. 12 – May. 12, 2018
Authors & Asia: Elizabeth Economy on “The Third Revolution: Xi Jinping and the New Chinese State”
May. 26 – May. 26, 2018
An Evening with Apollo Chamber Players, Vân-Ánh Võ, and Vũ Nhât Tân
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world