Saturday, Jan. 14, 2017 – Saturday, Jan. 14, 2017
03:00 PM – 04:00 PM
Matjaž Tančič, #56. KIM IL SIM, 19, Controller, Mangyongdae Funfair, 2014, Pigment print on archival paper, Courtesy of Pékin Fine Arts, Koryo Studio, and the artist
Join Asia Society for a docent-led tour of our current exhibition 3DPRK: North Korean Portraits by Matjaž Tančič.
About the Exhibition
3DPRK: North Korean Portraits by Matjaž Tančič
The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (commonly referred to as North Korea) is an area of Asia that is unfamiliar to many. Matjaž Tančič’s (b.1982, Slovenia) portraits are taken using a 3D stereoscopic technique, requiring each subject to stand motionless for minutes while multiple photographs capture the requisite perspectives. His landmark 3DPRK series offers a unique glimpse of the citizens of Pyongyang — North Korea’s capital — as well as workers, farmers, educators, athletes, and entertainers from across North Korea.
About the Tour
• Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour. Groups arriving more than 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time should remain in our Grand Hall until tour staff and docents are ready. Latecomers may join the tour in progress.
• Tours last approximately 60 minutes and involve a minimal amount of walking. Wheelchair access is available throughout the building.
• Photography without flash is permitted for all current exhibitions.
Education and outreach programs at Asia Society Texas Center are made possible through generous funding from the George and Mary Josephine Hamman Foundation. Additional support provided by the Friends of Education & Outreach at Asia Society Texas Center.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Friday, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Closed Mondays and major holidays
- Free for Members, $5 Nonmembers. All sales final.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking in Asia Society Texas Center's lot is $5 for 1-24 hours. Entrances on Caroline and Austin. Limited free and paid street parking also available.
Special Offers / Dining
An India-Inspired Café
Enjoy breakfast and lunch at Pondi! Pondicheri's museum café is open for extended lunch hours Tuesday through Sunday with a vibrant and innovative menu featuring everything from butter chicken to saffron shrimp salad and roti wraps.
Tuesday – Friday, 11 am – 5 pm
Saturday – Sunday, 10 am – 5 pm
Events at Asia Society Texas Center
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world