Saturday, May. 12, 2018 – Saturday, May. 12, 2018
03:00 PM – 04:00 PM
Join Asia Society for a docent-led tour of the FotoFest 2018 Biennial: INDIA | Contemporary Photographic and New Media Art and Zheng Chongbin exhibitions.
About the FotoFest 2018 Biennial
As a partner venue for the FotoFest 2018 Biennial’s central exhibition, the presentation at Asia Society Texas Center will focus on the larger geopolitical role India plays in Asia and the West, as well as its impact through Indians living and working globally in the diaspora. The installation at the Texas Center will feature the works of Mohini Chandra, Tenzing Dakpa, Sarindar Dhaliwal, Chandan Gomes, Vinit Gupta, Abhishek Hazra, Annu Palakunnathu Matthew, Anoop Ray, and Gigi Scaria in photography, videos, and installations.
About Zheng Chongbin
Zheng Chongbin has become renowned for his paintings that subtly reference, while moving far outside the bounds of, the historical continuum of Chinese ink art. With a deep grounding in both Chinese and Western philosophy, Zheng’s works examine themes of time and memory, and their cumulative effects on both humanity and the natural world.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour. Groups arriving more than 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time should remain in our Grand Hall until tour staff and docents are ready. Latecomers may join the tour in progress.
- Tours last approximately 60 minutes and involve a minimal amount of walking. Wheelchair access is available throughout the building.
- Photography without flash is permitted for all current exhibitions.
Additional Tour Dates
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Friday, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Closed Mondays and major holidays
- Free for Members, $5 Nonmembers
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking in Asia Society Texas Center's lot is $5 for 1-24 hours. Entrances on Caroline and Austin. Limited free and paid street parking also available.
Special Offers / Dining
An India-Inspired Café
Enjoy breakfast and lunch at Pondi! Pondicheri's museum café is open for extended lunch hours Tuesday through Sunday with a vibrant and innovative menu featuring everything from butter chicken to saffron shrimp salad and roti wraps.
Tuesday – Friday, 11 am – 5 pm
Saturday – Sunday, 10 am – 5 pm
Events at Asia Society Texas Center
Oct. 11 – Oct. 11, 2018
Ramachandra Guha on “Gandhi: The Years That Changed the World, 1914-1948″
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world