Saturday, Jan. 13, 2018 – Saturday, Jan. 13, 2018
03:00 PM – 04:00 PM
Join Asia Society for a docent-led tour of our current Wondrous Worlds and Zheng Chongbin exhibitions.
About Wondrous Worlds
Featuring more than 100 outstanding works of art, Wondrous Worlds: Art & Islam through Time & Place showcases the long history, vast geographic expanse, and amazing diversity of works of art in the Islamic world. Works in the exhibition cover nearly all media, ranging from carpets to dress to jewelry, ceramics, glass, metal, paintings, prints, calligraphy and photographs. This exhibition will surprise viewers with dazzling works that span over 1,400 years of artistry.
About Zheng Chongbin
Zheng Chongbin has become renowned for his paintings that subtly reference, while moving far outside the bounds of, the historical continuum of Chinese ink art. With a deep grounding in both Chinese and Western philosophy, Zheng’s works examine themes of time and memory, and their cumulative effects on both humanity and the natural world.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour. Groups arriving more than 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time should remain in our Grand Hall until tour staff and docents are ready. Latecomers may join the tour in progress.
- Tours last approximately 60 minutes and involve a minimal amount of walking. Wheelchair access is available throughout the building.
- Photography without flash is permitted for all current exhibitions.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Friday, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Closed Mondays and major holidays
- Free for Members, $5 Nonmembers. All sales final.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking in Asia Society Texas Center's lot is $5 for 1-24 hours. Entrances on Caroline and Austin. Limited free and paid street parking also available.
Special Offers / Dining
An India-Inspired Café
Enjoy breakfast and lunch at Pondi! Pondicheri's museum café is open for extended lunch hours Tuesday through Sunday with a vibrant and innovative menu featuring everything from butter chicken to saffron shrimp salad and roti wraps.
Tuesday – Friday, 11 am – 5 pm
Saturday – Sunday, 10 am – 5 pm
Events at Asia Society Texas Center
Sep. 18 – Sep. 18, 2018
Biotechnology and Medical Innovation: Developments in China’s Greater Bay Area, Hong Kong, and the U.S.
Oct. 11 – Oct. 11, 2018
Ramachandra Guha on “Gandhi: The Years That Changed the World, 1914-1948″
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world