Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017 – Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017
03:00 PM – 04:00 PM
Join Asia Society for a docent-led tour of our current Wondrous Worlds exhibition.
About the Exhibition
Featuring more than 100 outstanding works of art, Wondrous Worlds: Art & Islam through Time & Placeshowcases the long history, vast geographic expanse, and amazing diversity of works of art in the Islamic world. Works in the exhibition cover nearly all media, ranging from carpets to dress to jewelry, ceramics, glass, metal, paintings, prints, calligraphy and photographs. This exhibition will surprise viewers with dazzling works that span over 1,400 years of artistry.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour. Groups arriving more than 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time should remain in our Grand Hall until tour staff and docents are ready. Latecomers may join the tour in progress.
- Tours last approximately 60 minutes and involve a minimal amount of walking. Wheelchair access is available throughout the building.
- Photography without flash is permitted for all current exhibitions.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Friday, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Closed Mondays and major holidays
- Free Hours: Admission to the building and Grand Hall exhibition is free. Admission to the Sarofim Gallery is free for Asia Society members; $5 for nonmembers.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking in Asia Society Texas Center's lot is $5 for 1-24 hours. Entrances on Caroline and Austin. Limited free and paid street parking also available.
Special Offers / Dining
Seating 40, the Jade Stone Café at Asia Society offers visitors an intimate place for sandwiches, salads, and sweets, plus free Wi-Fi service. For the menu and hours, please visit http://asiasociety.org/texas/visit/café.
Events at Asia Society Texas Center
Jan. 20 – Jan. 20, 2018
Programs & Activities
Asian Food Tour Series: Traditional Persian Food with Chef Parvaneh Miri of Garson Restaurant
Jan. 25 – Jan. 25, 2018
The Trump Administration’s Asia Policy: First Year and the Road Ahead
Jan. 21 – Jan. 21, 2018
Screen Asia: “Window Horses: The Poetic Persian Epiphany of Rosie Ming”
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world