Saturday, Mar. 9, 2019 – Saturday, Mar. 9, 2019
02:00 PM – 03:00 PM
These opportunities to see Yoshio Taniguchi's first free-standing structure in the United States will focus on the materials, influences, and ambience of the building. Guided tour stops will include:
- The Brown Foundation Performing Arts Theater
- Edward Rudge Allen III Education Center
- Elkins Foundation Water Garden
- Fayez Sarofim Grand Hall
- The Water Garden Terrace
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour. Groups arriving more than 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time should remain in our Grand Hall until tour staff and docents are ready. Latecomers may join the tour in progress.
- Tours last approximately 60 minutes and involve a minimal amount of walking. Wheelchair access is available throughout the building.
- Photography without flash is permitted for all current exhibitions. Photography permission for future exhibitions is dependent on agreements between loaning institutions and Asia Society Texas Center exhibitions staff.
Education and outreach programs at Asia Society Texas Center are made possible through generous funding from Karen Chang and the George and Mary Josephine Hamman Foundation. Additional support provided by the Friends of Education & Outreach at Asia Society Texas Center.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Friday, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Closed Mondays and major holidays
- Free for Members, $8 Nonmembers
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking in Asia Society Texas Center's lot is $5 for 1-24 hours. Entrances on Caroline and Austin. Limited free and paid street parking also available.
Special Offers / Dining
An India-Inspired Café
Enjoy breakfast and lunch at Pondi! Pondicheri's museum café is open for extended lunch hours Tuesday through Sunday with a vibrant and innovative menu featuring everything from butter chicken to saffron shrimp salad and roti wraps.
Tuesday – Friday, 11 am – 5 pm
Saturday – Sunday, 10 am – 5 pm
Events at Asia Society Texas Center
Oct. 24 – Oct. 24, 2019
What Makes An American?: A Story of Global Migration and Its Impact on Houston
Oct. 30 – Oct. 30, 2019
American Success Stories: Houston’s Self-Made Asian Entrepreneurs
Nov. 5 – Nov. 5, 2019
Artist Talk: Xiaoze Xie on “Amber of History: Reinventing the Library Cave in Dunhuang”
Nov. 12 – Nov. 12, 2019
Russia, China, and the U.S.: Solutions for Mitigating Small-Stakes Crises
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world