An Impressionist Autumn
Sunday, Oct. 20, 2019 – Sunday, Jan. 12, 2020
“An Impressionist Autumn” celebrates French avant-garde painting with two exhibitions that capture a “Who’s Who” of the Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, and Early Modern movements. The MFAH is the only venue for Monet to Picasso: A Very Private Collection and Berthe Morisot: Impressionist Original.
• Monet to Picasso: A Very Private Collection features paintings by the pivotal artists who sparked the major art movements of the late-19th through mid-20th century, including Mary Cassatt, Paul Cézanne, Vincent van Gogh, Henri Matisse, Claude Monet, and Pablo Picasso.
• Berthe Morisot: Impressionist Original highlights Berthe Morisot’s approach to portraiture, her focus on the life of women in 19th-century Paris, and her role as one of the founding members of the Impressionist group.
“An Impressionist Autumn” | October 20, 2019–January 12, 2020
Related publications are available through the MFA Shop (713.639.7360) and the Museum’s Hirsch Library (713.639.7325).
► Audio Guide
The optional audio guide delves deeper into selected works of art, with commentary and insights from MFAH curators. Offered in both English and Spanish. Included in the ticket price, based on availability. Audio-guide players are located at the exhibition entrance.
► “An Impressionist Autumn”
Tickets, available online and on-site, include entry to both exhibitions, plus Museum general admission.
• Monet to Picasso: A Very Private Collection
• Berthe Morisot: Impressionist Original
|Any Day, Any Time|
|MFAH Member (Join now!)||Free|
|Senior (65+ with ID), Military (with ID), College Student (19+ with ID), Youth (13–18)||$18|
|Child (12 & younger)||Free|
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $15
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $10
- Military (with ID) $10
- College Students (19+ with ID) $7.50
- Youth (13–18) $7.50
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Two Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- The first 30 minutes are always free. On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Feb. 27 – Nov. 8, 2020
Through an African Lens: Sub-Saharan Photography from the Museum’s Collection
Jan. 9 – Nov. 15, 2020
Proof of Concept: Artistic Process in Contemporary Printmaking, Selections from the Museum’s Collection
Mar. 1 – Jan. 10, 2021
Glory of Spain: Treasures from the Hispanic Society Museum & Library
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world